This past Sunday at our Mission Members Meeting we opened our city groups for registration. As you know we are desiring for our city groups to be smaller and more strategically placed in our communities. As a result we are capping our city groups at 12 adults this semester. A few of our groups have already met this cap and have closed. Those groups, and several of our other groups, will be looking to split soon as we desire to be scattered into our communities.
If you have not signed up for a city group yet, you may do so at aletheiatampa.com, and select the City Groups tab under the Connect section of our page. All open groups are indicated as such with a green “Open” box in the top right corner of their profile picture. Here’s how to sign up:
- Click on your desired group that is open. This will take you to that group’s page.
- Just under the groups profile picture you will see a blue “Join This Group” button. Click the blue button. You will be prompted to enter your email address.
- Follow the instructions to confirm your email. *** Please note, once you have entered your email address you are not officially registered for the group.***
- Open up your email service and find the email from Aletheia Tampa asking you to confirm your email. Once you confirm your email address, you will then be taken to the group’s page to confirm you want to join the selected group.
- Please also note that every adult needs to register separately. Just because your spouse registered, does not mean you are registered.
If you signed up for a city group on Sunday night and by the time you confirmed your email address the group was already closed, please email that city group’s leader to let them know. We will be working with the city group leaders of the closed groups to see about splitting their groups to accommodate the need for more groups already!
COMMUNITY BIBLE READING JOURNAL
During our city groups we will be following the community bible reading plan. This plan allows for each group to be reading the same scriptures as all the other groups in the church. While it is not necessary to use a journal, it is recommended to do so as journaling is a great way to reflect on God’s word.
We have personalized a hardback CBR journal for Aletheia which we are selling for $10. You can purchase yours this Sunday at church.