Aletheia Church is seeking an Executive Pastor who will serve as the point leader of the church to ensure the execution of the overall mission, vision, objectives, and strategic initiatives to fulfill its purpose. The Executive Pastor will oversee all the ministries and day-to-day affairs of Aletheia Church for faithfulness to the Lord and maximum efficiency. This individual will essentially be an overseer, mentor, catalyst, administrator, key decision-maker and pastor to the congregation at large.
Five plus years of experience leading within a church or business setting with a strong and proven background in organizational and strategic leadership in management, fiscal and budgetary processes, system and group structure, and discipleship are strongly recommended if not required.
- Called Pastor/Elder based upon 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1; a man full of character.
- Passion for the church and people far from God.
- Has sound doctrinal understanding of all core Christian doctrines.
- Can adequately handle God’s Word.
- Believes deeply in the mission of God, the mission of the Church, and the mission and vision of Aletheia Church including a passion for planting churches.
- Believes his role is to, “Equip the saints for the work of ministry” (Eph. 4:12).
- Ability to shepherd and disciple individuals and groups within the congregation, and reproduce leaders who in turn will make disciples.
- Ability to recruit and develop relationships with those not connected to Aletheia Church, and get them plugged into the life of the church.
- Ability to collaborate with Aletheia staff and leaders to further develop and implement the mission of the church.
- Gifted administratively and with organizing people, systems, and structures to help accomplish the mission of the church.
- Ability to recruit, manage and develop leadership with a shepherd’s orientation.
- Works well with a team, and desires to be a family, not just an organization.
- A person of encouragement and able to challenge individuals to complete tasks and goals.
- Ability to “put legs” on various ideas and dreams of the elder team and staff in order to help Aletheia Church reach her full potential in Christ.
- Pastoral/Elder Team: works with the pastors as one among equals in prayer and effort to set the overall direction for Aletheia Church.
- Aletheia Staff: works with all full and part-time staff as a direct manager and overseer of their job responsibilities and needs as employees of Aletheia Church.
- Deacons and Ministry Leaders: works directly with all ministry leads to for strategically planning and execution towards the overall vision of Aletheia Church.
- Congregation: works with the church as a pastor first with unique and focused responsibility as an executive overseer.
OVERSIGHT AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Evaluation and creation of systems and structures that help the church organize and grow, in order to help Aletheia Church accomplish the overall mission of the church.
- Facilitation strategic planning, annual budgeting and development of appropriate performance metrics to evaluate the trajectory of the church direction.
- Management of all facilities, leases, insurance, etc.
- Lead the church in establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that reach and support the church’s demographic, insuring accomplishment of the overall mission. This may include: assimilation; discipleship; small groups; membership; children’s ministry; worship/arts; service; etc.
- Participate in working to make sure Aletheia family feels loved, shepherded, and challenged in their faith.
- There is a clear team spirit amongst staff, particularly with the Lead Pastor, where your gifts are clearly complementing his.
- Leaders are being developed through your personal discipleship.
- Mission Membership Classes are growing in size and depth, and stories of life change are being shared.
- More people are contributing their time, talents and treasure through serving on Sundays, missional initiatives, discipleship endeavors, and sacrificial giving.
- Be committed to prayer, the Word, and other disciplines. Seek to love and make much of Jesus above everything else.
- Having a personal vision and passion for the Lord, and seeing a greater worship of Him.
- Relationally and emotionally intelligent; leaves a “positive wake” and maintains a welcoming presence for all that experience you.
- Incessant tinkerer; focused on making things better.
- Knows how to “get the job done”.
- Clear communication with elders, staff, lay leaders, and congregation.
- Able to answer “how do we take the next step?” consistently.
- Understanding current systems and “heartbeat” of Aletheia Church and its vision and direction.
- Creates new systems and structure that is needed and reproducible to help Aletheia Church take our next steps throughout the church.
- Working well with Lead Pastor and the elders
- Understanding Tampa’s culture and being able to lead contextually.
- Makes himself available and known to all people connected with the church from visitors to members.
- Casts a consistent and compelling vision and measures progress toward goals.
- Desires to see disciples made from his own personal ministry of evangelism and discipleship.
- Shares his faith on a regular basis with neighbors.
- Be proactive about being informed about what is coming on the horizon in the short and long term.
Status: Full-Time Salaried, Exempt
Hours: 40+ hrs/week
Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement, Paid Vacation, Sick & Personal Leave
Reports to: Lead Pastor & Elder Team
Direct Reports: Staff and Deacon Leaders